I should be sleeping but I’m not as tired yet. Plus I’m starving.
Recent schtuff in life:
1. Parma got into Frank Netter medical!!! I’m so proud of her. She was so incredibly stressed this whole year, and now it comes to a close. Now that we’re both in, we can start celebrating…by going to see Wicked!!!
2. Had my first two driving lessons. It’s not so bad. But I cannot for the life of me understand how to make a turn effortlessly. I have such bad coordination, and I can’t keep my eyes ahead and also know how the hell I’m moving the steering wheel. And I’m annoyed that driving requires constantly pressing down on something.
3. Sharmin had her surprise Mehndi on Friday and her Nikkah on Sunday. She looked so gorgeous! I’m really happy for her. Just a few months ago, she was worried she wouldn’t be able to find anyone good for her. Her husband seems nice and funny. The big reception will be early May so waiting for that big celebration.
4. Monday I went to go see Liz after many months. We went to a halal Middle Eastern place called Queen Sheba. It was actually right by City College, but for some reason we never went there during college. We first ordered the appetizer “sambosa” which was essentially, a samosa. Yes really creative. We ordered vegetarian ones so Liz could also eat. They ended up giving us lamb ones, without even telling us they had changed our order. Then they gave a random soup, which Liz and I tried. Turns out the soup was made of lamb broth, so yet another bizarre turn of food events. Eventually they did give Liz a vegetarian soup. I got cut lamb with hummus. The hummus was good, lamb was alright… (story continues on #5). After we got a receipt written in Arabic, the dude working there was testing my inadequate spoken Arabic (as opposed to Quranic Arabic). It was amusing to say the least. I told the guy “I’m not Arab, I’m from Bangladesh” “Yeah I know” he said. Sure…
After lunch, we went over to Liz and Katie’s new place, which was nearby. Oh my God. Their place is such a cute apartment! Two good sized bedrooms for each of them, a spacious kitchen, and TWO living rooms. They decorated the living rooms with lots of plants so it felt more cozy. They got a really good deal on this one. The subway is also close by.
Liz and I talked for hours about life, from 2 to like 7. I lost track of the time. It’s always great catching up with Liz. We end up talking about a million different topics. Katie came home later on from work, so it was the three of us for a time.
It’s so strange to think about how we’ve moved on from college life. It’s an odd feeling. Nice, but weird.
5. So this morning, I started having bathroom issues. Then I started getting very drowsy. I was feeling brain dead. Still had bathroom issues. Started getting chills. I was in denial that it was food poisoning, most likely from the lamb, which did not taste that great. I’m sure it’ll be fine, I told myself. But no it was not going away. So at night I finally told Ma. I didn’t want to her tell her before because then she’d pin this on me for always eating out. Because everything is always my fault of course. She gave me some saline, but I’m still having bathroom issues and I am starving, but I don’t want to put anything into my stomach. I’m very grateful though that I’m not throwing up, yet. I hate throwing up. I don’t feel that sickly. Just drowsy, so it’s not too bad. I can deal with it. Just hope it goes away by the morning.
6. I’ve been trying to clean up my parents room, which is just a mess. Ma keeps her clothes in a bin. It hurts her muscles to even open up a drawer so ok I get that. But Abbu? He also lives out a box of clothes. I put them in one of our inadequately used drawers. He was annoyed. He preferred living out of his box. It’s just easy for him to throw around all his clothes into a box. The drawers are wooden and don’t open as smoothly, so that’s why he opts for a box. It look so stupid and I am annoyed. I can’t wait until I have my own place. These two have no appreciation for organization!
7. Mindy Project…ok so first episode, what the bleep is Danny’s problem? That whole situation was so damn cliche. Yawn, this story has been told over and over again. I’m scared to hurt you, let’s just be friends. Coward! They’re trying to make it harder for them, but this way? It’s old. It was sad though, totally felt bad for Mindy. And of course, Danny is ready to get with the next hot thing, albeit with hesitation, but still, I’m annoyed. Such an old story.
Loved seeing Anna Gun aka Breaking Bad’s Skylar as a OBGYN. She really fit the role. The health insurance thing was a a good throw-in. The public health disaster in “Spaniard” Harlem by Shulman and Associates was also pretty amusing.